Login information is available on our library Moodle page.
EBSCO Ultra Online
A comprehensive collection of full-text reference resources including ERIC, Newspaper Source, and TOPICsearch
JSTOR is a database of core scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
Oxford Research Premium
Over 2 million digitized entries across Oxford’s Dictionaries, Companions and Encyclopedias; Oxford Reference is the premier online reference product, spanning 25 different subject areas.
MAS Ultra Electronic Periodicals (Ebsco)
MAS Ultra provides full text for tens of thousands of magazines, biographies and primary source documents, hundreds of reference books (including the Columbia Encyclopedia and the CIA World Fact Book), an Image Collection containing photos, maps & flags, color PDFs.
U.S. Government Agencies
- Administration for Native Americans
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- Coordinating Council on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Corporation for National & Community Service
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Housing
- National Council on Disability
- Office of Justice Programs
- Social Secuirty Administration
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness & Urban Development
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Yearbook of Immigration Statistics
Centers and Institutes
Recommended Web Sites
- WWW Virtual Library: Sociology
- American Sociological Association
- International Sociological Association
- The Sociolog (Julien Dierkes' Comprehensive Guide to Sociology Online)
- Child Welfare League of America
- Grandparents Fact Sheets
- New York State Kinship Navigator
- US Dept of Health and Human Services: Childwelfare
Women & Gender
Statistics and Census
- FedStats Provides access to the full range of official statistical information produced by more than 100 agencies of the Federal Government. Included are data and trend information on such topics as economic and population trends, crime, education, health care, aviation safety, energy use, farm production and more.
- U.S. Census Bureau The Census Bureau serves as the leading source of data about the nation's people and economy.
- American Fact Finder The Census Bureau's primary vehicle for distributing recent Census data. Data from the 2000 and 2010 Census, economic censuses since 2002, and the American Community Survey are also available here.
- Historical Census of the United States The data and terminology presented in the Historical Census Browser are drawn directly from historical volumes of the U.S. Census of Population and Housing.